The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Where did U get Pistol Grip Shifter (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by George Mann on July 31, 2001 at 08:05:34:

In Reply to: Where did U get Pistol Grip Shifter posted by Wild Bill on July 31, 2001 at 07:38:08:

I bought the metal rod along with the E-36 shifter
base new..can use any distributor or Stealer.. instead of from a salvage yard..price
wasn't much different...don't believe you can
purchase just the shifter shaft/rod. I purchased the leather pistol knob from the Bav Auto Calalog. If you buy the E-36 shifter assembly, be aware that the shifter shaft has a black ferrule over it to meld with the bottom of the pistol knob. The diameter of the black ferrule will not fit through the hole in the plastic corregated shade that moves forward and back in car with the shifter shaft. I therefore removed this ferrule..just pull off and underneath is a black rod with roughly the same diameter at the original E-32/E-34 black shifter rod. I like the pistol
grip much better than the T-handle.
Best Regards,
George 90 735il/145K

The Metal piece?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.