In Reply to: How difficult is it to replace the rotors? posted by frybear on August 27, 2001 at 20:15:17:
About changing the rotors per se, you'll find good instructions on Bruno's site, in Bentley and below.
- take wheel off
- remove dust caps from behind the caliper
- use allen #6 (i guess..) to remove the sliding bolts
- remove caliper and pads, suspend the assy with strong wire/string to the chassis
- remove 19mm bolts holding the caliper carrier
- remove disc using #4 allen (single screw)
Suggestions - Balo from Steve d'G, Ate from BavAuto, but this is mainly a subjective topic.
i have some shimmying upon braking at the higher speeds and believe it might be the front (?) rotors. any advice on this job and any suggestions on rotors?