The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
The metal clip on the oil pressure switch... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Brent on September 25, 2001 at 13:11:31:

...electrical connector popped off when I changed the switch. Of course, these things are designed to fly far enough that you can never find them. No help from the stealer -- they don't even sell the connector pigtail, only the entire engine harness! The connector is made by AMP and it looks pretty standard. However, I can't get to it to read the part number. Does anyone know a) Where to get the clip? or b) What the AMP connector p/n is? So far, it's working OK, but I'm sure that the connector will eventually fall off without the clip and I'll be wondering if it's the connector or if I just lost an oil pump...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.