In Reply to: Programming the remote control posted by Kare L on September 29, 2001 at 16:12:43:
I just finished programming a used 3-button remote. The remote P/N is 88 88 1 600 292. The instructions should also work for the slightly older same looking remote with P/N 82 11 1 467 015. Here are the steps:
1. Open the remote by removing the two screws and flip the cover open. If the battery comes out of it's position, make sure you put it back with + facing the correct side.
2. Remove the chip that is to be programmed. It has a white label with a serial number on it. The chip might come out easily, or you might have to use a small screwdriver to open the socket. The small plastic socket has a front end that can slide out if you pry gently with a small screw driver. This will make it easier to remove the chip.
3. Remove the back seat of the car (because the alarm unit is under it). The seat cushion is removed by locating the securing clamps, one on each side, roughly in the middle behind the front seat and at the lower end on the front of the back seat. Once you've located the clamp (you can feel where it is, but you can't see it), grab the lower end of the back seat at that point and pull hard up.
4. The alarm will be under the beck seat behind the driver's seat. Use a 7mm wrench to loosen the two screws on the bracket in front of the alarm. When the alarm is loose, turn it upside down. Open the small plastic panel. Now you will see a socket identical to the one in the remote. Insert the chip in this socket. Be careful and make sure it is inserted correctly. Turn on the ignition on the car. Go back and press the small button to the upper left corner of the chip you just installed. Hold the button down for just a few seconds.
5. Turn off the car's ignition, remove the chip and install it into the remote. The remote should now work.
6. Install the alarm unit and back seat and you're all set.