The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Fuel Pressure Tester (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Will on October 16, 2001 at 12:05:07:

In Reply to: Fuel Pressure Tester posted by Gary on October 16, 2001 at 11:57:29:

I just went through this a few months ago before replacing the pressure regulator. You can buy a pressure gauge from a local source of will do. Get an 80 or 100psi gauge; they're less than $5 from Grainger. Fit it with brass fittings to adapt the 8mm fuel hose to them (use 5/16" fittings). Get a few feet of 8mm high pressure fuel injection hose, a brass 5/16" 'T' and hose clamps. Bleed off residual pressure as described in the manual and install the T and gauge on the inlet line. Be careful that nothing is leaking before running the car with the gauge in place (Bentley's will tell you how to jumper out the fuel pump relay).
'90 535iA, 112k miles.

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to get to the bottom of a engine stumbling problem, I've eliminated most electrical/electronic possibilities and one of the things left is the fuel system. Bentley suggests using a pressure guage inline with the fuel pipe but I've been unable to find one of these guages. Anyone done this test before? Is it a specialist piece of equipment ?

Thanks in advance,
'94 530i Not Sharked and no sheep or wolves involved.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.