The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
The way that i repaired them was, pull the inset (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Bill R. on October 18, 2001 at 20:13:19:

In Reply to: No, the arm rest part and just under the arm rest. posted by Charles V. Stancampiano on October 18, 2001 at 20:00:16:

panel away and make a big x cut under it in the vinyl that will be covered by the inset panel
Once you make the BIG X cut that will relieve the tension on the shrunk vinyl on the armrest and around it. Then You use Goop not superglue not elmers but Goop residential or automotive grade adhesive and peel the vinyl away enough where you cut the x to squeeze goop into the area around the armrest and glue it down tight. Then glue the inset panel down with the goop to cover the X.

The inset panel has popped out from one of the rear doors because the vinyl skin has come off from the arm rest and also from under the inset. Two other doors have the skin pulling away from the horizontal part of the arm rest.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.