The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: frozen tie rod ends (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Bruno on October 20, 2001 at 22:16:03:

In Reply to: frozen tie rod ends posted by Eric from Colorado on October 20, 2001 at 21:58:07:

Ok, I changed mine on my E34 and received two more (from BMA) for my E28.

Buy two new ones (They even have the BMW logo on the packing) and change them yourself. This is a snap if you have a tie rod puller.

When you remove the old one, measure them and make the new one the same lenght.
Then go for a tie in adjustment.

And check : for the complete procedure.

'89 535i
'86 535i

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.