The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
I have a facom one (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Bruno on October 20, 2001 at 22:54:44:

In Reply to: sorry abt the posts..tie rod end puller suggestion posted by Eric from Colorado on October 20, 2001 at 22:27:55:

Facom has a life warranty on it.
It looks like that:
| +

The tie rod goes to the left and the + is a screw that you tighten. You tighten the screw until the tie rod pops out. The tool can be adjusted to different lenghts.

You can also get the bmw recommended one, but I don't know where. It is like a screw that you tighten on top of the tie rod until it pops out.

This is a must have tool for thrust, control arms and tie rods.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.