In Reply to: Another M coupe shifter question... posted by JBravoM3 on March 11, 1999 at 16:44:26:
if you use just the m coupe shifter, your shifter will be:
1. too far forward and too far to the right.
2. too low from stock...your shift boot will be bunched up.
3. the shifter will be too close to the driveline.
4. shifting will be notchier.
5. shifter lever will loosen up over time, with play
we have the complete solution for the car as we've address ALL these issues in our complete M3 kit.
then again, you're welcome to experiment as well. that's what we did a long time ago to finally come up with the product we continually improve today.