The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Inlet tube to HFM...(please read!!!) (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Sean C on April 23, 1999 at 09:36:58:

In Reply to: Re: Euro Intake Kit from Turner Motorsports posted by DOT on April 22, 1999 at 23:31:45:

If you are going to reconnect the cone filter, you need an inlet tube to the HFM. DO NOT just connect the cone filter to the the HFM directly. The cone filter needs to be as close to the air feed (kidney grill feed or brake duct) as possible to work correctly.

I am working on a mandrel bent tube (for the Euro and stock HFM) with another M3 board member. When it is complete, we will post pics. Looks similar to the attached photo

: : Yes! Though I may end up putting my cone back on with a heat shield. The main difference is in the euro air mass sensor and the chip. Though if you are running the stock air box the euro box will be an improvement as well. I also use a large bore throttle body and Dinan exhaust. The car goes like hell.

: : Michael Lord
: : 95 LTW

: There's about a 10HP difference between using the Euro air box and a shielded cone filter. The Euro box flows better than the stock one but not that much. That's from everyone that's dynoed theirs.

: Put your cone back on, but I'm afraid it might be too small for the 3.5" inlet of the Euro HFM.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.