The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: What is a HFM? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by M3Dave on February 09, 2000 at 19:02:33:

In Reply to: What is a HFM? posted by dummy! on February 09, 2000 at 16:51:03:

: I dont know much! thanks a mill

It's the little plastic short tube lookin' thing that's inline in your air intake plumbing.It's job is to tell the cars brains to send the proper amount of fuel to the cylinders for the right ratio for combustion. The acronym stands for hot film meter.It's more commonly known and refered to as a Mas Air Flow meter.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.