The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
YANKEE GO HOME!!! just kidding... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Jonathan on June 16, 2000 at 14:01:08:

In Reply to: Anyone in North Carolina to answer my questions?? posted by VJ on June 16, 2000 at 11:04:17:

You have to pay a 3% "road use" tax for a title
you have to get NC DL
you have to get a NC inspection
you have to renew registration every year as well as the inspection.
You have to pay property tax in the county you are registered (anywhere from $20 to 1% a year)


: I live in NY and want to register my car in NC. the car is registered to my dad and the title is in his name.

: The goal of all tih sis to excape NY's high insurance premiums. i have an uncle living in NC to use as resident, but what else would i have to do?? do i have to transfer teh title to myself? does this involve paying sales tax on teh car? or can i transfer it to my uncle and designate myself as primary driver on the car? can someone please help me? thanks

: VJ
: [email protected]

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.