The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Here's my setup . . . . (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by ///clever M3 on June 16, 2000 at 15:18:52:

In Reply to: Anyone in North Carolina to answer my questions?? posted by VJ on June 16, 2000 at 11:04:17:

Don't know how this may work across states, but I am SECONDARY driver to my car (which is titled to my dad - in another county). This FULLY covers me as a driver, where ever I go. If you are a secondary driver, you have just as much rights as everyone else to drive where ever the hell you want.

I titled his car (old pick up) in my name and he is the secondary driver of that. I pay the extra it costs him to insure the car (which is still A LOT cheaper than the rates here + personal property tax - cha - ching!!).

Hope this helps!

PS - I'm not daddy's little boy, I paid for the car, insurance, etc. Hence, that's why I need to do this.

: I live in NY and want to register my car in NC. the car is registered to my dad and the title is in his name.

: The goal of all tih sis to excape NY's high insurance premiums. i have an uncle living in NC to use as resident, but what else would i have to do?? do i have to transfer teh title to myself? does this involve paying sales tax on teh car? or can i transfer it to my uncle and designate myself as primary driver on the car? can someone please help me? thanks

: VJ
: [email protected]

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.