The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
I encourage you to do the work yourself! (more) (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by '98M on October 04, 2000 at 13:56:10:

In Reply to: Under Car - Plastic plates need replaced posted by Gnat on October 04, 2000 at 10:47:33:

I had this problem when I first got my car...the underpanels were shot to hell. Not knowing about this board and all the aftermarket parts avaiable, I went to the $tealer to have the work done. They charged me 400 bucks for the work and pieces, and I don't even know that they really SOLVED the problem!! Crazy!! Either way, get the plastic or aluminum pieces (the JT one sounded pretty cool), get your ramps or jackstands, and stick the things on yourself. The problem (from what I understand) usually results from a few stripped screws, etc... Good luck!!


I have to replace the under car plastic protection on my 1995 M3 as the stock parts are worn out.

I have the choice of the stock plastic pannels for $160 or two plastic and one alluminum pannel for $290.

Anyone have any suggestions.
I am leaning toward the plastics due to the cost difference (I can almost buy two sets for $290)


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.