The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Get a lawyer, he'll plea bargain you (more) (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by MNM34D on October 07, 2000 at 23:14:45:

In Reply to: Just got speed ticketed for Misdameanor (Help!!) posted by BMW on October 07, 2000 at 21:50:11:

This same thing happend to me about 12 years ago. You may want to get a lawyer on this one. It will probably cost you $200-500 in attorney fees. He'll show up with you in court and talk to the prosecuting attorney. From there, your lawyer will probably offer your agreement to plead guilty to a lesser charge like speeding and you'll simply pay the full fine. In exchange, the state will drop their misdemeanor charge against you.

Unless there was damage or injury, the state doesn't want to mess around with something like this at trial. Simply having to hire a lawyer, miss work, show up in court, etc. is hassle enough and they know that. If you look presentable, have a job/school and have a reasonable driving record, the state won't have any problem with your plea bargain.

Good luck to you. I know first hand that it's a major hassle.


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.