In Reply to: ///M3 is showing its age...need help (Hey Tong!) posted by ///M Saloon on January 29, 2001 at 18:18:13:
I about to hit 60000 miles on my 4 dr silver ///M3. I recently installed H&Rs and BL's and original LTW forged wheels with the MOTORSPORT insignia. However, there are things I need to address to make her feel "right" again.
1) How do I change the centre support bearing. I suspect it needs changing because I feel a slight vibration upon acceleration at 2-3k rpm.
2) Upon installing 02 pulleys 15k miles ago, I still get this whining sound at higher revs when I'm on the throttle. Are there pulleys, bearings or tensioners that typically go bad?
3) What kind of coolant should I flush it with? It's on the original coolant from 10/96 production.
4) What other fluids should be changed at 60k miles?
5) Finally, who is going to Sebring in March? I'll be driving from Miami and it would be a great weekend to meet with fellow ///M'ers.