In Reply to: Dude, it's easy... posted by e36driver on January 31, 2001 at 13:28:10:
Here are some basic steps to do the rears:
1. Put the rear in jack stand.
2. loose the lug bolts on the rear wheels but don't remove the tires yet.
3. Remove the bolt that holds the shock in the bottom end of the shock
4. let the weight of the tire pull down the control arm and you should be able to take off the stock spring and replace it with the new ones.
5. If you are replacing the struts you can go to the trunk and remove the carpet by the strut tower and unbolt the upper part of the strut.
6. now do it backward to put it back together.
Is their a easyer way to do the front?