In Reply to: Kumho tires? posted by SCM3/// on May 18, 2001 at 19:00:08:
Just picked up a set of Supra 712's. My impressions are:
- 235/40/17 Khumho's are a 1/2 inch narrower than my Yokohama A520's. I was a little disappointed - in hindsight, I would've gone with 245's all around.
- Turn-in on the Khumho's is inferior to the Yokohamas... not nearly as instant (have full AC Schnitzer suspension).
- Grip is comparable, nice slip at the limit... predictable
- Sound level much lower on the Khumhos... very quiet.
- Ride is now slightly more hi-strung... can feel more nuances in the pavement (which I like).
Summary: I would definitely recommend them for the price.