The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Only if you've owned it for a while! I tried! (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by John L. on September 10, 2001 at 20:31:38:

In Reply to: Here is what you can do posted by e36driver on September 10, 2001 at 18:49:59:

If you have relative in a state that does not have sale tax you can register your car in that state under your name and using your relative's address. After the car is registered under your name you can just change the registration to CA w/o paying any tax.

If I purchase a car out of state, is there way I could avoid paying the sales tax? I understand if you wait 90 before registering you can avoid the tax? Any comments??

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E36 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.