E39 M5 Carbonschwarz metallic
Normally dealers are not allowed to lend a such car to customer, they just must go with them... but i know well the manager of my agency her in Switzerland, so he let me test this crazy car from 11 am to 8 am next morning..
Of course i cannot tell you all the fabulous details of that car, it'd be too long ; i just summarize :
- when you push "sport button", the torque comes really IMEDIATLY to the engine, so you just have to be prepared to it... ; the first two gears are short, so you just don't have the time to understand what's happening in the first gear : the second comes so quick after...
By default the sport button is not on, so that's very practical when you don't want to have a too sporty car, for example when driving in the city..
- after 100 kph (60 mph), the engine just continues to have the same power ! You reach 200 kph and you think you should be ar 150 kph
- this car can be silent if you want it to be so, but the engine just make a great loud sound when you want it. At the 3rd speed at low rpms, it makes a sound like a big offshore, very low.
The sound is between an offshore boat, Porsche 911 and big motorbikes, depending on what rpm you're.
- at 100 kph (60 mph), your'e at 2000 rpm in the 6th speed
- fuel consumption : we did 22 liters / 100 kms, but normally you can go below 18 l/100kms
- really BEWARE when pushing off DSC : even when it's on, it cannot completely secure the engine when it's hard pushed ! So with DSC off, you better not press full the pedal..
- At rear gear, i made great blue rubber clouds (not good smelling !) On 1st too of course.
Enough.. it was a dream. I have to wait until november ot have mine !
This is really the BEST multi-use sedan in the world.