The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: e34 M5 Wheel Fans Removal (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ M5 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Benster on June 27, 1999 at 10:04:28:

In Reply to: e34 M5 Wheel Fans Removal posted by Brad on June 26, 1999 at 20:56:03:

The tool is a tripple square socket driver.
You can get them from Snap-On tools.
I beleive it is a 6mm tool number FTSM6E.

I ended up paying my mechanic $20. My points were facing back instead of forward and it was bugging me!

: Hey all,

: I just bought a set of these wheels, and wanted to know what socket is used to get the fans off. I thought it was torx, but on further inspection, it is not.

: Any help here would be appreciated!

: Feel free to e-mail me privately!

: Brad

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ M5 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.