|Re: A question for DC (archive)|
Posted by DC on September 22, 1998 at 00:00:00:
In Reply to: A question for DC posted by Charles on September 21, 1998 at 21:25:00:
A couple of thoughts...
1. Don't blow the budget and buy the Xtant - it's overkill for your system and a waste of money for your application.
2. You want an amp (or 2 amps - but most Z owners are opting for a single amp) that has at least 5 channels of amplification and variable electronic crossovers.
3. a/d/s/ makes the P640 (6x40 or 4x40 and 1x120) that would be perfect for you. No overheating problems, nice sonics, user-friendly crossovers and a reasonable price ($499 - $599 street price).
4. I'm sure others will either agree or disagree but heck, this is my opinion.
5. Just for the record, I have been out of the business for about 4 years and am currently the Sales Manager of a Mortgage Brokerage Company (not nearly as much fun but a heck of a lot more $).
Keep in touch on this - I'd like to know how it works out....
: Since you've been in the business for quite some time, can you recommend a good amp to push 2 MB Quart Referz Comp. 5.25" components and 2 4" Referenz Comp Coaxial + a good 10" sub like Sound Stream's Exact10. I currently have a Sound Stream Rubicon 405, it just doesn't seem to have enough power to push a 10"...it couldn't push the Sound Stream USA 10" driver that I got free when I purchased it. I sorta on a budget, I'm trying not to spend more than $600 for the amp. On the other hand, I've been considering blowing the budget and buying the Xtant 3300c....I hear that its the king of amps. 60wattsx4 + 200watts sub.