|Re: Dri-Wash 'n Guard at 98 Homecoming (archive)|
Posted by DC on September 22, 1998 at 22:34:55:
In Reply to: Dri-Wash 'n Guard at 98 Homecoming posted by Dan Koenig on September 22, 1998 at 22:20:42:
I tried this stuff in the parking lot of the Mariott on Friday afternoon and here are my observations....
1. This stuff will clean your car and leave a decent finish but...
2. The overspray makes a mess, forcing you to redo sections that you have already done or you are stuck with little dots/spots all over the place.
3. The stuff gets into cracks and crevices and does not come out easily.
4. It looks like hell if you get it on your brakes and it will not come off easily.
5. If the car is hot, it does not work well.
6. I only saw 2 other people using it - no one else wanted anything to do with it.
7. They use it in the Zentrum because they don't want water inside and they don't take the cars outside. Besides, how dirty can those cars get, anyway.
8. It's more satisfying to wash/wax your car the old-fashioned way.
9. I've never seen a professional detailer use the stuff - have you?