|Re: Fail... radio head question (archive)|
Posted by DC on September 23, 1998 at 09:07:34:
In Reply to: Fail... radio head question posted by TC on September 23, 1998 at 00:36:29:
I like have the stocker for a couple reasons...
1. It looks stock - deters thieves.
2. Save money by not replacing both units.
3. Save wear and tear on car by not replacing.
4. Performance is decent - no major complaints.
Reasons to change...
1. Bitten really bad by the "I gotta have it" bug.
2. Need more bells/whistles.
3. Going for that slight performance increase.
I mainly listen to CDs, so I don't care about the tuner or tape deck (pretty bad performance on both of these...). CDs are fine, so why spend the money and encourage thieves?
: Agree that the H-K stereo fails. I think that DC has provided a real service by posting his detailed information on an upgrade. I'm going to make the change this month.
: Now, I sprung for the CD changer. The big question I'm facing is: do I ultimately upgrade the radio head to a Blaupunkt Toronto, knowing that it means I'll have to replace the CD changer as well? How would I sell the CD changer if I decided to go this route? What should I ask for it? Or, with DC's upgrade, does the stock radio head ("BMW Business") perform adequately? Anyone with experience, please post it.