|Re: Winter Storage For MZ3 (archive)|
Posted by Fred Kern on September 24, 1998 at 07:53:45:
In Reply to: Winter Storage For MZ3 posted by Scott I on September 23, 1998 at 16:24:09:
I have stored sports cars since 1992. Here is what I do:
1. Change oil.
2. Fill tank and add fuel stabilizer (available at some auto stores and marine supplies).
3. Use an Evolution car cover (BAVARIAN AUTOSPORT)
4. Place the car on four jackstands (with urethane pads to prevent scratching).
5. Use white lithium (spray grease) on all brake discs and unpainted suspension components.
6. Place saran wrap over air intakes and exhaust. Believe it or not air cleaners and mufflers make nice homes for some rodents.
7. Invest in a device to maintain your battery charge. I have a little charger made by Schumacher and available at Wal Mart. There are also remote systems sold.
About once a month I remove the saran wrap and run the car for about an hour ('til the water temp, or in case of the M, oil temp.) comes up. It is also a good idea to run the air conditioner to keep the lubricant in it distributed. Remeber to let the exhaust cool down before you put the saran wrap back on.