|You might be a Z3 owner if... (archive)|
Posted by David J. on September 25, 1998 at 07:49:13:
There have been so many great responses to this one that I wanted to go ahead and compile them! The list is below, and if you want to get a text copy of it, and can FTP, download the following: http://www.detailzone.com/Z3.txt
You might be a Z3 owner if...
· You sleep with your car
· Your spouse has never driven your car
· You swerve to avoid grass clippings
· You won't go to events that have unpaved parking lots
· You drive 6400 miles for a t-shirt and ding removal
· Your friends ask where to send the get well cards when it's in the shop
· You drive 6400 Miles, just so you can take a Sunday drive in some different mountains, and on the way back you take a little detour… The Rockies
· You make 12 trips to the grocery store, purchasing one item each time
· The Weather Channel tells you which car to drive
· Taking her top down arouses you more than when your wife does the same
· Anything less than synthetic oil and premium high-test gas, is only for the lawnmower
· Following semi's and SUVs any closer than a quarter mile is a cardinal sin
· You peek in the garage at 3:00 am to ensure it's ok.
· You go to the next station because this one's gas octane rating is too low
· The only place on the intenet you check every day is this one
· You led 26 cars to a homecoming in SC
· You show your wife this and she agrees with it all
· You throw yourself on top of your car in a hail storm
· Your idea of packing for a long trip is a pair of jeans and a shirt
· You think the difference between 1.9 and 2.8 = 2 and 2.8 and 3.2 = 5000
· You forgot what a blind spot is
· You don't feel right if your hair isn't whipping around when you drive and your hair dryer is getting really lonely
· You think the commute to and from work is fun
· If a cop asks if you know why he pulled you over and your answer involves mutiple choice
· You spend more for shampoo for the car than for your hair
· There are more care products in the garage than in your bathroom
· You keep the vacuum cleaner in the garage
· People ask how the baby is and you tell them you just bought him new tires
· You get a Christmas card from Zymol
· Your answer to "Did you drive it today"? is "It looked like rain"
· You've owned your car for 13 months and still don't know where the wiper switch is
· You can talk your husband into that too expensive camera and software by smiling seductively and whispering "Honey- we can take pictures of your CAR. . ."
· People think your spouses name is Dinan
· You and your husband wear matching shirts which also match the color of your car...
· You spend $200+ to have a 52 1/2-in. picture of the homecoming framed and you can't even see your car...
· You have the ramp to your driveway repaved so that you can safely pull your car in without risking scraping the bumpers...
· You go on a drive with friends midwinter in the N.E. with the top-down, bundled up with heat on...
· You learn html for the sole purpose of posting pictures of your car on the internet...
· You win a beautiful, expensive luggage rack at homecoming, but it's still sitting in the box cause you don't want to put holes in your baby...
· You never get tired of reading about stereo upgrades on the Message Board...
· You get a Dinan cold air intake because it is there and what the hell- Dang, I want one
· You have considered charging your neighbors admission when you open your garage door
· Your Windows pattern says Z23Z3Z3... and surrounds a picture of your car, or from August 1st - September 1 the group photo from the last Reunion
· You put up a bird feeder in your neighbor's yard
· You have (800) 535-2002 as #1 on your speed dial
· Your car is a daily driver and you still look for excuses to get behind the wheel
· You move 9' X 12' carpet from house to garage
· You get depressed because you found another Paint chip
· You feel joy because you find out it's only a dead bug/bit of mud.
· Newspaper on the garage floor is for your drool
· You attend more driving school events than your kid's school events
· There are more photos of your car than your family members
· For family outings, its just easier to take two cars than try to cram everyone into that SUV.
· There's more mileage on your car than your spouse
· Doing chores and errands for your spouse is no big deal (if it means driving someplace)
· You have more sets of shoes for the car than for your kid
· Your car gets a bath twice as often as your kid
· At lunchtime, everyone packs into a sedan and you ALWAYS drive also, mostly alone
· You wave and smile that knowing smile at complete strangers (tho not really) driving other Z's as you pass each other
· You wash your car more than your laundry
· From behind, you think your ///M looks better than your (insert s.o. name here)
· You meet a group of wonderful people who love their car as much as you do...