|Re: Boot flies off! Mom Murders Teenager (archive)|
Posted by Robert Kamen on September 25, 1998 at 11:23:14:
In Reply to: Boot flies off! Mom Murders Teenager posted by Jane on September 25, 1998 at 10:12:46:
I assume at this point, good ole Bob does not know that the boot was damaged by your son.
here's the deal:
1. Have son ask for Z3 to go to friends house some time this coming weekend.
2. Let Bob know son is taking car for a quick spin.
3. Son comes home, all upset - the boot flew off by accident. He seeks out Bob to tell him his tale of woe, and asks Bob's advise on how to present the news to you. Son is afraid you'll kill him
(which is what he deserves anyway).
4. Bob and son work out a deal to present problem to you with a solution already in place.
5. If son agrees to pay for the boot, or some portion thereof, he borrows money from Bob and is forever in his debt, morally. The financial portion of the debt ends when son pays back Bob.
This way the kid looks like a responsible young adult (at least to Bob - we know better). Bob is part of the solution and because Bob loves you so much, he won't kill your son. He'll leave that up to you.
Of course if this backfires sometime in the future, Mon and son may be living in the Z3 as good ole Bob sells the house out from under you and proceeds to find a new wife, sans kids.
Ain't teenagers fun??
Of course you can always take Bob out to a champagne dinner (you hopefully know what to do after that), and kinda whisper in his ear about what happened to the Z3. At that point he shouldn't care about the car at all.
The 'original' Robert