In Reply to: hardtop on the way ,ARE THEY NICE posted by captain kirk on March 30, 1999 at 00:04:13:
: I just ordered hardtop for my Z3 should be here in a week.Anybody have one? Fill me in on pros and cons.Also any advice on the best wax for my atlantic blue.I have seen news about atlantic blue having problems.Any news on that would be nice also.
1) the hardtop is ok, i would never get one in texas :)
2) they require 2 people to put on and off, so once it is on it is on for awhile (not something you will want to take off and on at a moments notice)
3) wax the same as the rest of the car
4) atlantic blue? it is atlanta blue (as in the city)- FYI, for those of you who don't know many BMW colors are named for cities near race tracks (Estoril, Atlanta, Imola, etc)
5) last we heard atlanta blue was going to be phased out, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me since it was a very popular color