The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
It's a very good question! (more) (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by DC on April 02, 1999 at 16:48:35:

In Reply to: DC, a stupid question for you posted by Chris B on April 02, 1999 at 16:40:39:

Yes, they are the passive (as opposed to electronic) crossovers that are included in the component speaker set from most manufacturers.

They prevent highs from reaching the midrange speakers and they prevent bass from reaching the tweeters.

I use them in conjuction with the electronic crossover in my amplifier. The crossover in the amp blocks the bass from 70HZ and down from hitting the midranges...this keeps the mids from working too hard and dramatically increases their power-handling ability.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.