In Reply to: So if I... posted by Chris B on April 02, 1999 at 16:55:09:
I would NOT just install the P640...here's why.
1. The factory speakers are crap and I would not put that much power to them.
2. The factory crossovers are in the factory amp so you would have to rewire the factory system now and AGAIN later when you upgraded the speakers.
1. Run the P640 as 2x120 watts to the new front component speakers and 2x40 watts to the factory sub. Either leave the factory amp in place to power the rear speakers or upgrade the amp to a P840 and run 2x40 watts to therear speakers.
2. Trust me...do it all at once...it's easier on you, easier on your wallet and easier on the car.
3. Be advised, the P640 will NOT fit in the location where the factory amp is.
4. I friend of mine is selling a Factory refurbished P840 for $499. It comes with a factory warranty and the fellow selling it is honest. I've known him for 8 years and will vouch for him.