In Reply to: Thanks RMV Polish and wax advice posted by CAPTAIN KIRK on April 03, 1999 at 10:47:24:
Funny...I was thinking I should've mentioned Meguiar's #10 & #17 in response to your original posting - you're gonna need 'em. If you're only gonna buy one, #18 is the one to get, BTW.
Keep in mind that Meguiar's #10 is to used in conjunction with #17 - for more than casual tasks. Meguiar's #18 is the all-purpose, in between(?) product to choose. You'll see lots of favorable comments here. IMHO, why buy #18 when you're gonna need #10 AND #17 at some point? YMMV.
Also consider Lexol's Leather CLEANER before applying conditioner. In addition, there's Lexol's VINYLEX for the acres of of vinyl, rubber & plastic.
To reiterate, get a good auto wash. Sonax's may be better, but I really like Zymol's (w/ banana & coconut essence oils, yum!). Other, non-natural, products will strip your wax.
I really do like One Grand Blitz Wax. So happy CCS steered me away from Zymol. Some others have reco'd Meguiar's #26...But, as CCS cautions: "Some German paints may show slight clouding due to polymer additives.".
CAR CARE SPECIALTIES, A COUPLE OF THINGS:
1. As a "One-Stop-Shopping" source for every imaginable car care need, they're great!
2. Tho, their prices seem to be ~$1 higher than the cheapest that I could find. If that's the price of their "Tips", so be it - they're worth it!. More likely, that's how they cover the "free"(?!) shipping on orders of $50+. Personally, I get the more ubiquitous items e.g., Lexol, Meguiar's, and Zymol at the local auto parts store; and, order the more esoteric items from CCS.
3. Another poster here gave a glowing endorsement of CCS not long ago. I had a minor problem during first order, but didn't hesitate placing second order. Remember: Their name is 'Car Care Specialties' NOT 'People Care Specialists'.
4. Talk to the owner, Larry Reynolds, he's extremely knowledgeable...He's been some sort of detailing guru/tech support contributor/whatever for BMWCCA. See if he'll send you their catalog, which includes 'Tips' & 'Monthly Specials' before placing your first order - much better reading than their website, IMO.
5. I dunno about you, but I find it a little curious when a strictly mail-order business does NOT provide a 1-800# for their customers. Sure, you can order online. However, on my 2nd order, I had to have them fax me a pre-lim invoice to eliminate any chance of confusion.
I'm sure you'll find what works best for you...
: I read every thing in the car care online site.They had alot of very good stuff.I am going with P21 s Gloss enhancing paint work cleanser for polish, since I have no scratches yet.Followed by One grand blitz wax.Lexol leather conditioner.And for plastic window meguiars #10 plastic polish.This site has it all carcareonline.com.