In Reply to: Z3 Convoy / Wing Leader techniques posted by Tim (UK) on June 11, 1999 at 19:18:24:
1. Ten cars MAX in each wing if you don't want to get held up endlessly at intersections/traffic lights. 6-7 is best.
2. Cars at the back have to drive MUCH FASTER than the lead car to keep up. I don't know why, they just do.
3. Run the route before the event. Wing leaders too.
4. Make the run shorter than you originally planned. Texas River Run distance was cut in HALF, and no one minded. Several were relieved.
5. As nice as they may be, don't expect your participants to pay any attention to any directions regarding their groupings. This is how 3 groups became 2 in Gruene.
6. Schedule plenty of pub time.
7. Don't take any of it too seriously. You're a bunch of mildly well off gits tooling around the countryside. Act like it.
8. Take pictures and show them to us.