The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: suspension (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Mario on October 24, 2000 at 08:41:39:

In Reply to: suspension posted by Mike B on October 23, 2000 at 13:37:51:

Mike,

I have the following set up on my car.

17x8 BBS RK wheels
225/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS Sports
Racing Dynamic Swaybars (Set on softest setting)
Koni Sport Single Adjustable Shocks - Front - coilover , Rear normal sport shock - Front and rear on softest setting

This set up lowered my car 3/4 of an in the back and 1 inch (could go another 1 inch lower) in the front. Gap is significantly reduced. But the car is not too high or too low. Best of all, no more body roll.

With everything on soft the ride is probably 20% percent firmer (can make it firmer yet if I crank up the shocks) than the stock set up. Here in Flemington, NJ and in most of central jersey there is no real discernable difference in ride quality from stock other than the vehicle feeling just much more composed, smooth and supple. 85 percent of the roads are this way. The other 15%, due to bad roads is shake rattle and roll.

I had the Bilstein/H&R Sport combo on my 98 M3 and that car drove like a brick. I would not go with that set up again. So far the Konis have been a nice compromise between street and race and had no "bilstein rise".

Konis with springs are about 1200 from TC Kline Racing/Pro parts (www.tckilneracing.com). These shocks are not yet featured on their web site btw.

Talk to Brian and ask him how the TC Kline prepared Bilstein equiped Track Time Z3's cars handle compared to Koni equiped Z's.

Mario


Follow Ups:



[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk.
Roadfly.com Logo © 1997 - 2017 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.