In Reply to: When was tranny plug recall? (nt). posted by JackH on October 25, 2000 at 11:10:43:
I currently own two y2k 2.3's and I am amazed at the difference in build quality between the two. I bought one in June and one in November. I currently have about 15000 mi. on both. Here is what I have had fixed so far.
June Topez blue:
1. new top due to wear
2. driver door aligned
3. center air vent replaced (it closed when A/C was on hi
4. E-brake adjusted
5. rattle in rear of car (still not fixed)
6. glove box rattle (not fixed)
7. top rattles when down(started after new top)
8. stuck fuel gauge(fixed itself)
9. shift knob came off in hand(replaced)
November Seinna red:
1. Center air vent(same as above)
2. transmission drain plug replaced(recall)
no rattles at all!!!
Every time I drive the blue one it feels much older than it is. Maybe it is true about what day the car is built. It almost seems like the luck of the draw is in place here....Mark
I am a new owner of a 2001 3.0i and so far I have been
a little disappointed in initial quality of the vehicle after delivery. The first day I had it, the DSC light came on and would not go off. After discovery, it was determined the steering angle velocity sensor had bit it. It was replaced. Yesterday,
I am showing my brother in law the new ride and as I rounded the corner, the gear shift knob came off the stick and into my hand, talk about embarassing. I've only put 550 miles on it so far and have had other cars that have never had problems. Is there others out there with these kinds of things happening out of the gate? Any comments?