The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Words from an Insurance insider... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Marc on October 29, 2000 at 20:50:01:

In Reply to: need help finding a criminal (hit and run) posted by Lukas on October 29, 2000 at 18:02:27:

If you have Comprehensive coverage, file a claim with your insurer. Objects that strike your car are considered "missile" and should be covered under this coverage. Important: You must stress that the object was not on the ground and you hit it, rather **it hit you** "on the fly"

Next, your insurer should have access to DMV records. Hopefully you wrote down the correct plate #. If so, DMV will have registered owner on file.

Your insurer can pursue the responsible party(ies) through a process called Subrogation. Once they collect from said parties, your deductible will be refunded to you (if it isn't waived up front - some do this)

Good luck,

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.