The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
What? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Coupe Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by andy s. on September 28, 1999 at 11:40:39:

In Reply to: Re: European M in the US? posted by mster on September 27, 1999 at 16:35:20:

: : : Actually anyone can do it, it just costs an enourmous amount.

: : of a 959 sitting in customs in SF? the owner? Bill Gates

: Just changed the laws, you can bring in any thing you can only drive it for 2500 miles until it has to go back or be destroyed..

I've done substantial research on importing cars and I'm considering becoming a RI (registered importer) and I've never heard of 2500 mile exemption. I would be very interested in where you got this information.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Coupe Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.