The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
What kind of coolant to use? Prestone? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Coupe Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Or special BMW coolant? on January 05, 2001 at 12:49:49:

In Reply to: Re: Any insights? Or is the question too stupid? posted by Brendan on January 05, 2001 at 12:32:01:

Yes the overflow tank. Ok It look like it needs a little bit of coolant. The red "stick" doesn't pop up over the neck of the tank. Would I just use normal coolant in there? Or does BMW have some special coolant to put in there?

If the red stick pops above the neck of the tank when you take off the cover to the overflow tank, then you're OK.

I don't know if I am completely dumb or if the coolant level indicator in the 99 z3 coupe is one of the strangest contraptions I have ever seen. I read the owner's manual and I still can't figure out what the damn thing is supposed to look like when it is full!!!! I am referring to the one with the little red float when you take the cap off. How can you tell whether it is full or not?


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Z3 Coupe Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.