In Reply to: Re: My view of the New M Coupe posted by M4Mozart on January 08, 2001 at 01:34:25:
If I had known I would have still purchased the 2000. Why?
1. So difficult to find one that I could not resist.
2. "old" M3 engine has a proven track record.
3. Could not have waited on rumors + another 7-9 months before getting the 2001.
4. Not a big price difference still 4K more. I used 2.3K for Software upgrade, exhaust, Air Intake and the car really rocks now.
5. Already more power than an average driver like me can handle. I do not buy into more is better. Fastest car on a track are not usually the most powerful ones!
6. The reason I got hte 2000...Wanted the last of its kind. This is going to be a collector car. Not many of them.